Our Hours of Service
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Sheriff’s Office Services, except for patrol and emergency services, are not offered on County recognized holidays.
- After hours call 911 for emergencies
- For Non-emergencies, call 505-891-7226
Public Information Requests/Report Requests
Copies of incident or crash reports can be obtained from the Sheriff’s Office via a public records request. In an effort to assist with communication and processing of public records requests, Sandoval County has an online public records portal. This portal is free to use and allows for submission of requests, tracking of requests, dissemination of responsive records where applicable, payment processing and more. You may request records by clicking on the button below.
The New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act (IPRA) grants all citizens the right to inspect public records, related to the conduct of government business, at no charge. Sandoval County processes all requests for public records in accordance with New Mexico IPRA regulations.
The processing time frame for IPRA requests can vary. We always strive to fulfill requests in three days, however, IPRA regulations do allow up to 15 days for processing of requests in most cases.
Sandoval County, in accordance with IPRA regulations, provides for the inspection of public records at no charge. However, the County, also per IPRA regulations, reserves the right to redact personal identifier information in public records and also to charge a fee related to the requested production of physical paper copies of documents or other delivery methods such as electronic documents delivered on CD, USB/Thumb Drives or DVDs. All requesters will be notified in advance of any fees related to their public records copying requests, should they request copies. Payment must be received before copies of records will be created and released.
In-person requests should be directed to the Sheriff’s Office located at 1500 A Idalia Road, Bernalillo, NM 87004. Written requests can be mailed to PO Box 5219, Bernalillo, NM 87004.When requesting Incident/Accident records, please us Public Records form.
Civil Service Process Fees
- Bernalillo/Rio Rancho/Corrales Area – $25.00
- Cochiti Pueblo/Pena Blanca/Sile Area – $30.00
- Jemez Springs/San Ysidro/La Cueva Area – $30.00
- Cuba/La Jara/Regina Area – $40.00
*Service Fees are Non-Refundable if an attempt is made
Civil Process Service
The Sandoval County Sheriff’s Office will serve Summonses, Subpoenas, and Writs issued from Magistrate and District Courts. The Sheriff’s Office will only serve these documents within the boundaries of Sandoval County.
- Requests for civil process within Indian Pueblos must be taken to the Bureau of Indian Affairs Police Department for service (505-346-2868).
- Requests for civil process within the Navajo Nation must be taken to the Crown Point Police Department (575-768-2050).
- Requests for civil process within the Jicarilla Apache Reservation must be taken to the Jicarilla Apache Police Department (575-759-3222).
Accepted Forms of Payment:
- Cash in exact amount
- Personal / Business Check or Money Order / Cashier’s Check made payable to: Sandoval County Sheriff’s Office
*Fees Subject to Change without notice
Sex Offender Registration
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. AND 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Or by Appointment
Registration Appointment Information:
- Annual Registration (Approximately 1 hour to register)
- 90 Day Registrataion (Approximately 15 to 30 minutes to register if there are any changes or not)
- New Registration (Approximately an hour and a half to register)
For questions, please call (505) 404-5832
VIN Inspection services are performed by appointment only. To schedule an appointment or learn more, call the Sheriff’s Office at (505) 867-7526.