What We Do
The Sandoval County Public Works Department manages the infrastructure that supports all county government operations.
How We Serve You
The Public Works Department is composed of several divisions. These divisions include the: Administration Division, Facilities Maintenance Division, Roads Division, Vehicle Maintenance Division, Fairgrounds Division, and Solid Waste Division.
- The Administration Division includes the leadership team for the Public Works Department and facilitates various projects and work oversight for the different divisions and for numerous projects/initiatives
- The Facilities Maintenance Division handles the maintenance and upkeep of all county facilities
- The Roads Division handles the maintenance and upkeep of more than 1,500 miles of roads that fall within the county’s jurisdiction (Read through Road FAQs)
- The Vehicle Maintenance Division handles the maintenance and upkeep of all County owned vehicles
- The Fairgrounds Division handles the maintenance and upkeep of the County Fairgrounds in Cuba, NM. Click HERE for Fairgrounds and RV Campground Information.
- The Solid Waste Division manages the county landfill and recycling center
Vector Control Program
- 11/06/2019: Roadrunner Public Health Vector Control Update
- 07/11/2019: Vector Control Program Update at County Commission Meeting (approx. 2 minutes into video)
- Vector Control Program Expands to Cover VSV
- USDA VSV Situation Report
- NM Livestock Board VSV Fact Sheet
- NM Livestock Board VSV Photos of Lesions for Reference: What you should look for
- Safety Data Sheets for Agents Being Sprayed:
- To Opt-Out Your Property of Spraying for VSV:
- Send your name, phone number and exact property address to email@example.com
Report Road Issues
Reporting a road issue and requesting road maintenance service is easy. Just click the button below to tell us about the issue and the service you are requesting.