Sandoval County Treasurer
Jennifer Taylor was elected in November 2020. Taylor’s current term is January 2021 – December 2024. Next Election for this seat is November 2024.
TREASURER’S OFFICE LOCATION
1500 Idalia Road, Building D
Bernalillo, NM 87004
We are located on the first floor
Toll Free: 1-800-332-8022
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Closed from 12:00-1:00 for lunch hour.
Appointments are available upon request during the lunch hour of 12:00-1:00. Please call our office to make this request at 505-867-7581.
METHODS TO PAY PROPERTY TAX
Drop box or mailed payments must be made by check or money order. Please include your coupon or account number.
- Drop box located at the North end of the administrative building 1500 Idalia Rd Building D Bernalillo, NM 87004
- Pay by mail at:
P. O. Box 27139
Albuquerque, NM 87125
- By phone at 1-866-873-0944 (English & Spanish)
- Online at: paytaxes
Payments made using Credit Cards/Debit Cards or Checking Account Transfer utilizing the automated services will be assessed a convenience fee (online payments must be more than $10.00)
The NM Mortgage Finance Authority’s COVID-19 Homeowner Assistance Program can help pay your past-due or current mortgage payments if you are experiencing a financial hardship because of COVID-19.
The program provides emergency housing grants to income-eligible households and residents of tribal lands, up to $1,500 per month for a period of up to three (3) consecutive months, to maintain housing and or to reduce housing cost delinquency. Some mobile manufactured home lot rental payments may also be covered. MFA will pay your past-due housing payments directly to your mortgage or loan servicer, escrow company or other housing provider. The best part is the assistance does not have to be repaid.
Applications are being accepted now. You can submit your application electronically here.
To request a paper application, call 505.308.4206 or 866.488.0498.
What We Do
PROTECT: The Treasurer’s Office accounts for and protects $38 million in non-property tax revenue, $135.1 million in property tax revenue and $21.4 million in investments.
COLLECT: The 10 year collection rate is 99.11% on over $1.2 billion that the Treasurer is charged to collect. The 2020 Tax Roll comprised $135.1 million of that total.
INVEST: Safety is our priority when it comes to your investments; then Liquidity; and then Yield. Your investments are in compliance with state statute and the Sandoval County Investment Policy.
DISTRIBUTE: Thank you for making your property tax payment. Your tax dollars are distributed to support the following county programs:
• DWI • Fire & 911 Services • HCAP • Libraries • Public Safety • Senior Programs • Roads & Infrastructure • Landfill • Detention Center
We also distribute your tax dollars on a monthly basis to:
• Schools & Libraries • Municipalities • Water Conservancy • State of New Mexico • Special Districts
REPORT: Required to file and distribute the Treasurer’s Report on a monthly basis. This report verifies all monies that flow through Sandoval County.
We utilize our records to complete the annual audit in collaboration with administration. The Treasurer’s Office has had a clean audit for the past two years
How We Serve You
The Treasurer’s Office serves the residents of Sandoval County in many ways and always works to provide the highest quality customers service. We’re here to assist you in the following ways:
- Answer your property tax questions
- Offer a Statement of Taxes Due if you did not receive your tax bill
- Inform taxpayers of any exemptions they may qualify for
- Provide outreach at community and senior centers through the county
- Present services in English and Spanish
- Accept and receive tax payments by cash, check, money order, debit card or credit card (convenience fee applies to debit and credit card payments)
Meet Your Treasurer’s Office Staff
What Do My Tax Dollars Pay For?
Pay Your Property Taxes
Property taxes may be paid in person, by mail, through mortgage companies, at a drop box located in the North parking lot of the County Administration Building, New Mexico Bank & Trust Branches in Rio Rancho (accepted during 1st half property tax season November 10th- December 10th ) and online or over the phone. The Treasurer’s Office staff, as well as the phone service, are accessible in English and Spanish.
The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office works on a tax calendar instead of a standard yearly calendar. Here are some important dates to remember:
- November 1 – Tax bills are mailed
- November 10 though December 10 – First half taxes are due
- April 10 through May 10 – Second half taxes are due
*Office hours are extended during tax season from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.