Jennifer A. Taylor
Sandoval County Treasurer
Jennifer Taylor was elected in November 2020. Taylor's current term is January 2021 - December 2024. Next Election for this seat is November 2024.
TREASURER'S OFFICE LOCATION
1500 Idalia Road, Building D
Bernalillo, NM 87004
We are located on the first floor
Toll Free: 1-800-332-8022
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
During Tax Season, appointments before 8:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. are available upon request by calling 505-867-7579
Closed for Staff Meetings:
The office will be closed from 2:30-3:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month for a staff meeting. Payments may be dropped off in the box between windows 2 and 3 and a receipt will be mailed to you.
METHODS TO PAY for PLAT MAPS
In the United States and Canada, Certified Funds are a form of payment that is guaranteed to clear or settle by the company certifying the funds.
When making certain types of transactions, such as purchasing real property, motor vehicles and other items that require title/ownership, the seller usually requires a guarantee that the payment method used will satisfy the obligations. To do this, the seller will require certified funds, usually in the form of:
- Certified check
- cashier's check (known as a bank draft in Canada)
- money order (usually with proper identification)
- manager's check (usually with proper identification)
- EBT wire transfer (i.e. Western Union)
Specifically, personal/business checks are not allowed, as the account may not have sufficient funds, and credit cards are not allowed, as the transaction may later be disputed or reversed.
METHODS TO PAY PROPERTY TAX
Drop box or mailed payments must be made by check or money order. Please include your coupon or account number.
- Drop box located at the North end of the administrative building 1500 Idalia Rd Building D Bernalillo, NM 87004
- Pay by mail at:
P. O. Box 27139
Albuquerque, NM 87125
- By phone at 1-877-727-3090 (English & Spanish)
- Online at: paytaxes
Payments made using Credit Cards/Debit Cards or Checking Account Transfer utilizing the automated services will be assessed a convenience fee (online payments must be more than $10.00)
The online payment system will disabled from Tuesday, September 26, 5:00 pm until Monday, October 2, 8:00 a.m., due to the processing of 2023 taxes. Payments will still be accepted via mail or in person. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What Do My Tax Dollars Pay For?
What We Do
PROTECT: The Treasurer's Office accounts for and protects $57.4 million in non-property tax revenue, $157.9 million in property tax revenue and $57.1 million in investments.
COLLECT: The 10 year collection rate is 99.33% on over $1.283 billion that the Treasurer is charged to collect. The 2022 Tax Roll comprised $157.9 million of that total.
INVEST: Safety is our priority when it comes to your investments; then Liquidity; and then Yield. Your investments are in compliance with state statute and the Sandoval County Investment Policy.
DISTRIBUTE: Thank you for making your property tax payment. Your tax dollars are distributed to support the following county programs:
• DWI • Fire & 911 Services • HCAP • Libraries • Public Safety • Senior Programs • Roads & Infrastructure • Landfill • Detention Center
We also distribute your tax dollars on a monthly basis to:
• Schools & Libraries • Municipalities • Water Conservancy • State of New Mexico • Special Districts
REPORT: Required to file and distribute the Treasurer’s Report on a monthly basis. This report verifies all monies that flow through Sandoval County.
We utilize our records to complete the annual audit in collaboration with administration. The Treasurer’s Office has had a clean audit for the past two years
How We Serve You
The Treasurer's Office serves the residents of Sandoval County in many ways and always works to provide the highest quality customers service. We're here to assist you in the following ways:
- Answer your property tax questions
- Offer a Statement of Taxes Due if you did not receive your tax bill
- Inform taxpayers of any exemptions they may qualify for
- Provide outreach at community and senior centers through the county
- Present services in English and Spanish
- Accept and receive tax payments by cash, check, money order, debit card or credit card (convenience fee applies to debit and credit card payments)
Meet Your Treasurer's Office Staff
Pay Your Property Taxes
Property taxes may be paid in person, by mail, through mortgage companies, at a drop box located in the North parking lot of the County Administration Building, New Mexico Bank & Trust Branches in Rio Rancho (accepted during 1st half property tax season November 10th- December 10th ) and online or over the phone. The Treasurer’s Office staff, as well as the phone service, are accessible in English and Spanish. (View Drop-Box location)
The Sandoval County Treasurer's Office works on a tax calendar instead of a standard yearly calendar. Here are some important dates to remember:
- November 1 - Tax bills are mailed
- November 10 through December 10 - First half taxes are due
- April 10 through May 10 - Second half taxes are due
*Appointments before 8:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m. are available upon request during tax season. Please call 505-867-7581 to make an appointment.