Services update due to COVID
- Community Health Program eligibility screenings and enrollments will continue to be conducted remotely with select curbside or in-house exceptions administered at the
Health Commons building beginning June 15th and under strict COVID safe practices.
For questions please phone: 221-4427.
- Prevention and Intervention Programs will continue to be conducted remotely with select
curbside or in-house exceptions occurring at the Old County Courthouse building
beginning June 15th and under strict COVID safe practices. For questions please phone:
- Senior Programs will continue to occur remotely for case management and related
services, while medical transportation and meal services continue under strict COVID
safe practices. All Senior and Community Center activities remain suspended until
otherwise authorized by the State to modify. For questions please phone: 934-0755.
What We Do
Sandoval County’s Community Services Division provides a wealth of invaluable services throughout the County, guided by our mission of improving quality of life by providing those we serve with access to health care and social services. Our Department’s workforce of nearly 100 employees and approximately 250 volunteers are proud to serve over 70% of the County’s residents on an annual basis, and we do this as among our greatest of honors.
How We Serve You
Stakeholder engagement, oversight, and transparency are central values of the Community Services Department, and are achieved through a variety of Boards and Councils that include the Sandoval County Health Council, the DWI Task Force, the DWI Planning Council, the Juvenile Justice Advisory Board, the Senior Services Advisory Council, and the Pena Blanca Community Center Board.
The Community Services Department is one of the largest within the County and has three primary program areas: Community Health, Prevention and Intervention, and Senior Services. We also operate the Pena Blanca Multigenerational Center and the Sandoval County Ropes Course. In addition, we have also partnered with Watermelon Mountain Ranch to offer our Low-Income Pet Spay and Neuter Program.
- Animal Welfare Programs & Services
- Annual Report – 2019
- Annual Report – 2018
- Boards and Councils
- Community Health Services
- Prevention & Intervention Services
- Sandoval County Ropes Course
- Senior Services
- Sandoval County Oral History Project
- Sandoval County Historical Still Life Paintings Project
- Sprouting Sandoval Initiative