All heirs have equal priority for appointment as Personal Representative.
You have been nominated in the will but have not legally been court appointed Personal Representative by the Probate Court, you may do so by filing the proper probate forms in the county where the decedent was a resident of.
Pursuant to NMSA Uniform Probate Code, 45-3-301 (B) (1) the original will is required.
A power of attorney expires when the Principal dies, the Agent no longer has power nor has higher priority for appointment.
Not all estates require probate it depends on how the decedent’s real and personal property was titled.
After you have been court appointed Personal Representative, you will have the legal authority to transfer or sell real property located in Sandoval County, State of New Mexico via a “Personal Representative Deed”. This deed requires you to file it with the Sandoval County Clerk’s office.