Joining Our Team
Sandoval County is one of the most rapidly growing counties in the Southwest. Encompassing more than 3,600 square miles of land, our workforce is as diverse as the communities we serve. The County is always seeking dedicated, qualified individuals who are interested in a challenging career in public service and providing essential services to its citizens. Not only are careers with Sandoval County rewarding, they also carry some great perks!
Sandoval County offers all of its regular full-time employees a competitive total compensation package. This coverage also extends to elected officials, the legal spouse of an employee, the domestic partner of an employee, and children who are financially dependent on the employee. Part-time employees are also eligible for a portion of the benefits listed below.
Participation in the Public Employees’ Retirement Association of New Mexico (PERA)
One of the most important benefits you receive as a Sandoval County employee is membership in the Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico (PERA). PERA provides a lifetime pension when you retire and a lifetime pension for your beneficiary as well, if one is chosen.
PERA is a defined benefit plan. That means both you and Sandoval County contribute a certain percentage (you contribute 3.65% of your salary, and Sandoval County contributes 16.80%) towards your retirement. Benefits are paid when certain age and service credit eligibility requirements are met, regardless of the amount of member contributions paid into the plan. Beyond normal retirement requirements PERA also provides benefits for members who must leave service before retirement age because of a disability.
Sandoval County is proud to partner with Presbyterian Health Plan for medical coverage, Delta Dental for dental coverage and Davis vision coverage for it’s employees. For medical and dental insurance, the County pays 80% of the premiums and the employee pays 20%. For vision insurance, the employee pays 100% of the premiums. In addition, we also offer Basic Flexible Spending Accounts which allows for pre-tax medical and dependent care reimbursements for qualifying expenses.
July 1st 2022 – June 30th 2023 rates (employee cost) for Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance are as follows:
- Medical* (Smart Care Plan)
- Single – $53.95per paycheck
- Couple – $109.77 per paycheck
- S/Parent – $86.66 per paycheck
- Family – $158.43 per paycheck
- Single – $2.98 per paycheck
- Couple – $6.03 per paycheck
- S/Parent – $6.62 per paycheck
- Family – $8.96 per paycheck
- Single – $2.18 per paycheck
- Couple – $4.37 per paycheck
- S/Parent – $4.67 per paycheck
- Family – $7.60 per paycheck
*All benefits coverage for Sandoval County new employees begins the date of hire. Rates noted above are subject to change. Check with the HR Department for the most accurate rates.
Life & Disability Insurance and Supplemental Retirement Plans
Sandoval County regular full-time employees are also eligible to receive basic life and AD&D insurance coverage, long-term disability insurance coverage and short-term disability coverage. The County also offers a variety of supplemental retirement plans including pre-tax, tax deferred and other plans. Costs and employee contributions differ on each of these plans. Please consult with an HR representative for full details.
Employee Wellness Program
As part of our initiative to have a healthier workforce, Sandoval County employees are eligible to participate in a variety of benefits offered through the Employee Wellness Program. Some program benefits include:
- Gym membership
- Flu shot clinics
Leave and Holidays
All full-time and part-time Sandoval County employees receive annual leave, sick leave, personal leave and holidays. Accrual rates are as follows:
- Annual Leave
- Full-time, 1-5 years of service = 3.08 hours per pay period
- Full-time, 5-10 years of service = 4.62 hours per pay period
- Full-time, more than 10 years of service = 6.15 hours per pay period
- Part-time = accrue on a prorated basis
- Sick Leave
- Full-time = 4 hours per pay period
- Part-time = accrue on a prorated basis
- Personal Leave
- Classified employees who are past probation = 1 day per calendar year
- 11 paid holidays per year (for FY22)- days selected by the Sandoval County Board of County Commissioners
- Floating Holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays per year (Awarded each January)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sandoval County provides equal employment opportunity [EEO] to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, spousal affiliation, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable State and Federal law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave allocation, compensation, and training.
Sandoval County expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, spousal affiliation, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Sandoval County’s employees to perform their job duties is prohibited.
Apply for a Job
Available positions are posted in the following locations:
- County Website
- County Job Line: 505-771-7185
- Human Resources & Risk Management Office
- 1500 Idalia Road, Building D, First floor
- Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. excluding recognized holidays