Detention Center Sexual Assault Policy
It is the policy of Sandoval County Detention Center to provide a safe, humane, and secure environment, free from sexual violence, misconduct, harassment, or retaliation, by establishing definitions of prohibited conduct and maintaining a program of prevention, detection, investigation, response and tracking of all alleged and substantiated sexual misconduct.
The Sandoval County Detention Center maintains a zero tolerance of any form of Sexual misconduct between staff and inmates; volunteers or contract personnel and inmates; and inmates and inmates, regardless of consensual status. This policy complies with the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 for appropriate prevention, detection, reporting, intervention, and treatment for victims of sexual assault.
If you believe a family member or loved one is experiencing any form of sexual misconduct, sexual abuse or sexual harassment while incarcerated at the Sandoval County Detention Center, please contact the PREA Coordinator Jonathan Perez at (505) 867-5339.
When reporting, please provide your name and contact information, the inmate(s) involved, and when the incident occurred. Sandoval County will only disclose this information to those who need to know to ensure the victim(s) safety and to investigate the allegation.
- 2021 Annual Assessment of Sexual Abuse – Completed December 2021
- 2020 Annual Assessment of Sexual Abuse – Completed January 2021
- 2019 Annual Assessment of Sexual Abuse – Completed January 2020
- 2018 Annual Assessment of Sexual Abuse – Completed January 2019
- 2017 Annual Assessment of Sexual Abuse – Completed March 2018
- 2016 Annual Assessment of Sexual Abuse – Completed January 2017