Our Mission & Vision
Mission: We will promote, create, and support healthy communities.
Vision: Sandoval County communities support individuals and families to lead satisfying and productive lives.
The broad-based nature of the council provides an ideal forum for introducing and implementing environmental strategies that impact community norms, laws, policies, regulations, enforcement, community awareness and media efforts, and require input and collaboration from many community partners.
The Sandoval County Family Health Advisory Council was established by the County Commissioners in 1991. Then, in September 2001, the Commissioners established the Sandoval County Health Alliance. Following a two-year period with the loss of state funding, the Sandoval County Health Council (SCHC) was established by the Commission in June of 2013.
What We Do
The SCHC facilitates communication and collaboration among providers and consumers in Sandoval County with special emphasis on extending services to the rural areas of the County. SCHC also communicates and coordinates with Native American communities in the county to determine how the council can assist in meeting the unique health needs within those communities.
The SCHC works with the three hospitals that serve Sandoval County with two goals in mind: to coordinate with County health providers to assure effective admission and discharge planning, and to engage the hospitals in equitable extension of their services throughout the County. The SCHC also performs periodic assessments of the health needs within the county. These results are summarized in a yearly report to the county commission and the public. Based upon these assessments, the SCHC develops and promote a community health improvement plan. The plan supports both improved access to and quality of health care services, as well promotes healthy lifestyle choices by county residents.
The SCHC is fortunate to have 15 health care provider and consumer representatives drawn from throughout Sandoval County. These representatives play a vital role in communicating the needs of their constituencies and promoting council information and activities. The SCHC provides for cross-fertilization of issues and ideas between organizations that might otherwise not have the opportunity to work together.
|12/31/21||El Pueblo Heath Services||Executive Director|
|Allena, Thom||12/31/21||Thom Allena Associates||Managing Partner and Community Org Psychologist|
|Brasher, Dr. Lester||12/31/21||Sandoval County||Clinical Supervisor|
|Butcher, Dr. Barbara||12/31/21||State Dept of Health||Nurse Supervisor|
|Coburn, Angela||12/31/22||Pres Medical Services||Central Regional Director|
|Johnstone, R.E. Gene||12/31/21||Retired UNM Health Sciences Center||Social Worker|
(Council Vice Chair)
|12/31/21||UNM College of Nursing||Assistant Professor|
|McKinney, Courtney||12/31/21||Sandoval Regional Medical Center||Consultant|
|Savilla, Philip||12/31/21||Retired State Tribal Liaison||Tribal Liaison|
|Singh, Dr. Gurdeep||12/31/22||Sandoval Regional Medical Center||Hospitalist|
|White, Morris||12/31/21||Health and Fitness Co.||Founder / Consultant|
|Yepa, Kristyn||12/31/22||Isleta Pueblo||Public Health Director|
Meetings & Agendas
The Sandoval County Health Council meets on the following dates and times, and at the following locations:
2021 Meeting Dates & Agendas
All meetings will occur via Zoom unless indicated otherwise.
- January 13, 2021, 10:00am-12:00pm – Full Health Council Meeting
- February 3, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- March 3, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- April 14, 2021, 10:00am-12:00pm – Full Health Council Meeting
- May 5, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- June 2, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- July 14, 2021, 10:00am-12:00pm – Full Health Council Meeting
- August 4, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- September 1, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- October 13, 2021, 10:00am-12:00pm – Full Health Council Meeting
- November 3, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
- December 1, 2021, 8:30am-10:30am – Planning Committee Meeting
2020 Meeting Dates & Agendas
2019 Meeting Dates & Agendas
- March 13, 2019 (Held at:UNM West)
- June 12, 2019 (Held at: Cuba Fairgrounds)
- July 31, 2019 (Held at: County Administration Building, 2nd Floor Training Room)
- September 11, 2019 (Held at: Sandoval County Health Commons)
- December 11, 2019 (Held at: Bernalillo Senior Center)
*Committee Meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of each month excluding the months with regular meetings scheduled.