If it involves land, land use or subdivisions in unincorporated areas of Sandoval County, it will involve Planning and Zoning, 867-7628. The division processes zone changes, conditional uses, subdivisions and other activities regarding land use in the non-municipal and non-pueblo areas of the County for consideration by the Planning and Zoning Commission. The division also oversees addressing, which assigns street names and addresses. Sandoval County does not issue construction permits but Planning and Zoning must approve State-issued permits to assure zoning compliance. Landowners also are encouraged to visit with County staff prior to considering development or subdivision of property.
Much of the County’s unincorporated area is zoned for permissive uses of single-family residences or agriculture. Other uses are not allowed unless the property is zoned for such activity.
An address is assigned as part of the building permit process. Once the building permit packet is accepted (see building permit checklist) an E911 Address is assigned to your vacant property (see addressing ordinance) and utilities will be authorized.
You will need to have the Assessor’s Office Worksheet included with the verified property tax UPC number.
If you are on tribal land you will need to contact your tribal entity for addressing. We do not address tribal land.
Addresses once assigned are entered into the E911 database so your location will be available for fire, law enforcement and medical emergencies.”
Notice: Pursuant to Sandoval County P & Z Commission Rules, Regulations and Procedures (Doc 25951)
– All documents and other tangible materials, excluding materials used only for demonstrative purposes at the hearing to facilitate witness testimony, should be submitted at least seventy-two (72) hours prior to the hearing or meeting of the Planning & Zoning Commission.”
- Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance–Legislative Draft-Posted 10/22
- Planning & Zoning Commissioners
- 2018 P & Z Commission Meeting Dates
- Meeting Archive
- Upcoming Cases
- Legal Notices
- Adopted Area Plans
- Water Studies
- Rio Rancho Estates area Plan Info
- Bernalillo Bosque Area Plan