Treasurer Laura M. Montoya will have Sandoval County Tax Researcher Liaisons visiting Senior/Community Centers throughout the county to assist with questions and payments of property taxes. They will be accepting property tax payments by cash, check, debit/credit cards and money order.
All taxpayers are welcome to take advantage of this service,” stated Treasurer Montoya. “We have been working with our Senior/Community Centers to be more accommodating and accessible to our taxpayers. “This is the second year in which we implement this service throughout the county.
The schedule for when reprsentatives will be at each center is below:
In addition to the outreach services, the Treasurer has provided convenient methods of payment and locations during the November/December tax season. Taxpayers may take advantage of any of the methods below:
1. Utilize the drop box at the two Rio Rancho New Mexico Bank & Trust banks located at 528 near Enchanted Hills and 528 or 4001 Southern Blvd SE.
2. Payment drive-up drop box at the North side parking lot of the Sandoval County Administration Building. (Drop box payments must be by check only and have a property account number to which you would like the payment applied to.)
3. Pay online at sandovalcountynm.gov and click on “pay taxes now”;
4. Over the phone by calling our automated 1-866-873-0944. (English & Spanish)
5. By mail: PO Box 40; Bernalillo, NM 87004 or PO Box 27139; Albuquerque, NM 87125-7139; or
6. You can always pay at our office with our friendly and professional staff located on the first floor of the Sandoval County Administrative Building.
The Treasurer’s office will extend office hours Monday through Friday, November 10 through December 10, from 7:30am to 5:15pm and will revert back to regular hours of operation from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday beginning December 11.
“I am excited to extend our hours and locations of payment in the hopes to provide more accessibility to our community and make paying taxes more convenient,” stated Treasurer Montoya.
The Treasurer’s office is charged to collect over $118 million for the 2015 tax year. The overall ten year tax collection charged to the Treasurer amounts to over $1 billion dollars. Their overall collection rate for the 2014 Tax Year was 99.20%.