P.O. Box 40
1500 Idalia Rd, Building D, Bernalillo, NM 87004
Phone: (505) 867-7577
Fax: (505) 867-7638
Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed 12pm-1pm for lunch.
Hours of Operation – Department Availability
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1 p.m. for lunch.
REGULAR LOCAL ELECTION NOVEMBER 2, 2021
- List of Candidates – Updated
- Candidate Filing Day for Local Election will be held on August 24th, 2021 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
○ Declaration of Candidacy – Statement of Intent form
- Candidates not able to file in person on August 24th, 2021 may file with a Written Authorization for Designation.
○ Written Authorization for Designation form
- Write-In Candidate Filing Day for Local Election will be held on August 31st, 2021 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
○ Declaration of Intent to be a Write-In Candidate form
- Last Day for Candidates to withdraw is August 31st, 2021.
○ Affidavit of Withdrawal of Candidacy form
- Candidates running for Rio Rancho or Central New Mexico Community College must fill out the Candidate Campaign Committee Registration form.
○ Candidate Campaign Committee Registration form
Voting and Absentee Drop Box Locations
Elections Schools Schedule – View Schedule
Sandoval County is offering Same Day Registration beginning October 5th thru Election Day November 2nd, 2021. View locations.
Sandoval County has Permanent Absentee Drop Boxes throughout the County if applying for an Absentee Ballot you may drop off at any of these locations.
Sandoval County will have an Absentee Drop Box inside each Early Voting & Election Day Sites. Voters may drop off Absentee Ballots at each location.
Regular Local Election Early Voting Sites. View locations.
Regular Local Election Day Polling Locations. View locations.
Voter Registration will close by mail and online, October 5, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.
Sandoval County Candidate Information
If you are interested in filing for office, click on the link below for answers to frequently asked questions. Should you need additional information about running for an elected office in Sandoval County, contact the Sandoval County Bureau of Elections at (505) 867-7577.