The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office is reaching out to seniors and other community members in the county to offer one-on-one property tax payment opportunities at local community and senior centers. This program makes property tax payment easy and also helps Sandoval County collect taxes in a timely manner.
The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office Outreach Program is in its sixth year and was created by Sandoval County Treasurer Laura M. Montoya. The program allows for county seniors and other residents to remain within the familiar surroundings of a senior center or community center that they utilize. By participating, residents are able to eliminate travel costs when paying their property tax bill at Sandoval County offices, and also have one-on-one meetings with the Treasurer or a representative from the Treasurer’s Office.
“We look forward to visiting with constituents and providing a direct service to our taxpayers within their own community,” said Sandoval County Treasurer Laura M. Montoya. “All taxpayers are welcome to take advantage of this service. We appreciate the teamwork with our senior/community centers throughout Sandoval County.”
The Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office Outreach Program is offered across Sandoval County during second-half tax season from April 10 to May 10 with extended office hours during this time from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Each outreach event runs from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. However, Treasurer Montoya wants to assure residents that staff will stay until all taxpayers have been assisted. This year the Treasurer’s Office will be hosting events at the locations listed in the graphic to the right.
It’s also important to note a few key property tax dates and deadlines:
- November 2 – Tax Bills are Mailed
- November 10 to December 10 – 1st Half Taxes Due
- April 10 to May 10 – 2nd Half Taxes Due
In addition to outreach services, the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office has provided convenient methods of payment. Taxpayers may take advantage of any of these methods:
- By phone at 1-866-873-0944 (English & Spanish)
- Online at sandovalcountynm.gov/paytaxes
- By mail at P.O. Box 40, Bernalillo, NM 87004 or P.O. Box 27139, Albuquerque, NM 87125-7139
- In person at the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office at 1500 Idalia Rd, Building D, Atrium level, Bernalillo, NM 87004
- Drop-box payments at New Mexico Bank and Trust, Rio Rancho Branches located South on 528 near Enchanted Hills and 528 and Southern Boulevard.
- Drive through payment drop-box at the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office building, North side parking lot, located at 1500 Idalia Road, Building D
“This service is one avenue in which my office continues to provide direct quality customer service. We thank our taxpayers for their contribution to our community and allowing us to serve them,” stated Treasurer Montoya.
Learn more about the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office Outreach Program and the Sandoval County Treasurer’s Office online at: www.sandovalcountynm.gov/elected-officials/treasurer