About La Plazuela de Sandoval
La Plazuela de Sandoval is a master planned development anchored by the Sandoval County government building and the Sandoval County Judicial Complex.
The development features commercial parcels, government/office parcels and a parcel zoned for retirement. La Plazuela de Sandoval was developed in order to foster a sense of community, and create a centralized location where county residents could work, live and enjoy restaurants or shopping.
Lots for Sale or Lease
Lots are currently for sale or lease within La Plazuela de Sandoval:
- Improved lots, all fully served with utilities from City of Rio Rancho
- Hard zoned & master planned
- Several commercial properties
- Retirement property, approx 9 acres, zoned for 5 stories
- For sale at fair market value, lease option considered
- Direct Internet Access (DIA) – Synchronous, full duplex fiber Internet 10Mb – 10Gb plus
- Ethernet Private Line (EPL) – Synchronous, full duplex Layer 2 transport circuit to connect multiple locations – 10Gb plus
La Plazuela de Sandoval covers approximately 69 acres (56 acres owned by the County and 13 acres owned by a private land owner). Eight acres are located within the Town of Bernalillo, and the balance is located within the City of Rio Rancho and unincorporated areas within Sandoval County. The site is located in a rapidly growing area with most of the growth taking place in Rio Rancho.
As a master planned site, La Plazuela de Sandoval will have an institutional primary use with the Sandoval County Judicial Complex, Sandoval County Administrative Offices and Health Commons being the most significant current users. Additional County offices, including a public safety facility to house the Sheriff’s Office and Fire Department Administration, are also planned for the site. Other development areas are already for sale and are zoned for commercial, office space, retirement living and multi-family residential development. The site will be distinguished by the development of amenities designed to promote a pedestrian friendly environment characterized by landscaping, entry features, and more.
Because the site is master planned, there are already established design guidelines, roads, land uses/zoning and more. In addition, the sites are developed and have utilities serviced by the City of Rio Rancho.
- La Plazuela de Sandoval Master Plan
- Map of La Plazuela de Sandoval
- Tract 1 – Retirement Parcel
- Tracts 7, 8 & 9 – Commercial Parcels
- Tracts 10, 11, 12 & 13 – Commercial Parcels
- City of Rio Rancho C-1 Zoning Information
- City of Rio Rancho Commercial Building Packet (Applies to Commercial C-1 Zoned Lots ONLY)
Interested? Contact Us
Are you interested in learning more or purchasing/leasing one of the County’s La Plazuela de Sandoval properties? If so, please contact:
Sandoval County Planning & Zoning Department
Renderings of what a retirement facility could look like on the La Plazuela de Sandoval retirement parcel