Frequently Asked Questions About Roads in Sandoval County

How do I report road issues?
Non-emergency issues involving Sandoval County roads can be reported via an electronic form, or by calling (505) 771-8500. Should you require emergency response services, call 911.

When will my road be graded?
Routine road maintenance is scheduled on a priority basis. First priority goes to roads that typically are used by emergency services vehicles or serve as bus routes. Second priority goes to major arterials, and side streets as needed. If your road requires immediate assistance, submit an electronic form or call (505) 771-8500 and leave a detailed message, including your address, phone number and nature of the call.

There’s snow on my road and I can’t get out of my driveway. Who do I contatct?
Sandoval County Public Works monitors the roadways during inclement weather. Roads are prioritized to allow for bus and emergency services routes to be cleared first. Major arterials, collectors, etc., are then cleared as needed. Should you require immediate attention due to medical issues, contact the Roads Department at (505) 771-3314. If it’s an emergency, contact the Sheriff’s office at (505) 867-7526.

What are the right-of-way use permitting requirements?
Right-of-way permit requirements are outlined in Sandoval County Ordinance
7-14-11.7A; PROCEDURES FOR DEDICATION OF ROADS, DISTURBING AND REPAIRING COUNTY PROPERTY AND RIGHTS-OF-WAY. Permits may be obtained at the Sandoval County Public Works office located at 2708 Iris Road in Rio Rancho, or by calling the office at (505) 771-8500.

How do I call for assistance or repairs regarding county maintained storm water facilities?

To report county maintained storm water facilities, please call (505) 771-8500. Please be specific as to the location and type of facility, also leave your name and number in case there are questions as to what needs to be addressed.