The Sandoval County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates who reside in Districts 4 to be selected considered to fill a member role on the Sandoval County Detention Center Community Advisory Council. Visit our website for a map of District 4 to see if your residence falls within the boundaries.
The Detention Center Community Advisory Council is a transparent entity acting in an advisory capacity and making recommendations to the Detention Center Director (Warden) and Detention Center Assistant Director (Deputy Warden). The Council consists of five members representing each of the five Commission districts for Sandoval County. To qualify as an appointee, you need to:
- Live in the commission district you wish to represent
- Not be a Sandoval County employee
- Be willing to serve a term that mirrors the term of your County Commissioner’s term in office
- Have expertise in one of the following areas: jails or corrections management, law, government financial management, institutional medical care, behavioral health or other equally related field
- Be willing to serve without compensation for services rendered
The duties of the Council include:
- Conduct and review audits of the detention center and advise and make recommendations to the Detention Center Director and Assistant Director on possible areas of improvements
- Review policies and procedures of the detention center and advise and make recommendations to the Detention Center Director and Assistant Director on policy additions, revisions, and deletions
- Attend meetings with the communities, municipalities, tribal governments and other counties, regional, state or federal agencies as a transparent community liaison of the detention center
- Attend confidential detention center critical incident reviews and make recommendations on after-action items
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings, at least once a quarter, with the Detention Center Director and Assistant Director in accordance with the New Mexico Open Meetings Act.
- The Council shall have no powers or duties related to the operations or management of the Detention Center
If you would be interested in serving on the Sandoval County Detention Center Community Advisory Council for Commission District 4, please submit an email of interest and your resume to: email@example.com by June 30, 2019.