The 2017 Property Tax Season is here. First-half property taxes are due November 10th with a grace period of thirty (30) days.
Treasurer Laura M. Montoya or a representative from the Treasurer’s Office will be visiting Community/Senior Centers throughout the county to assist with any property tax questions and accept property tax payments.
The Treasurer or liaison will be accepting property tax payments by cash, check, and money order. They can also assist taxpayers with signing up for electronic tax bills or making payments through the county’s website.
This is the fourth year in which Treasurer Laura M. Montoya has implemented this service for taxpayers. “I believe this outreach has allowed us to provide direct services to our taxpayers within their own community,” stated Treasurer Montoya.
All taxpayers are welcome to take advantage of this service. Treasurer Montoya added, “We appreciate the partnership developed with our Community/Senior Center teams throughout Sandoval County to provide this service and we look forward to visiting with our taxpayers.”
Below is the November & December outreach schedule with the location, date and time that the Treasurer’s office will be at each center. All but one outreach service are from 10 am to 12 pm. The Treasurer has assured that they will stay until all taxpayers have been helped.
|Placitas Community Center||Wednesday 15th||Tuesday, 5th|
|Jemez Community Center||Thursday, 16th||Friday, 1st|
|Bernalillo Senior Center||Friday, 17th||Thursday, 7th|
|Cuba Senior Center||Tuesday, 21st||Friday, 8th|
|Corrales Senior Center||Wednesday, 22nd||Wednesday, 6th|
|Pena Blanca Rec Center||2 pm – 4 pm||Thursday, 7th|
|November 2||Taxes Bills are Mailed|
|November 10- December 10||1st Half Taxes Due|
|April 10- May 10||2nd Half Taxes Due|
*Unpaid property taxes. Interest and penalties shall accrue at the rate of 1% percent a month (7-38-49/50 NMSA) In addition to the outreach services, the Treasurer has provided convenient methods of payment. Taxpayers may take advantage of any of the methods below:
1. Payment drive-thru drop box: Located at the North side parking lot of the Sandoval County Administration Building. Drop box payments must be by check or money order only and labeled with the property account number to which you would like the payment applied.
2. Pay online: sandovalcountynm.gov/pay taxes.
3. Over the phone: 1-866-873-0944. (English & Spanish through our automated service).
4. Mail: PO Box 40; Bernalillo, NM 87004; or PO Box 27139; Albuquerque, NM 87125-7139.
5. Visiting our friendly and professional staff located on the first floor of the Sandoval County Administrative Building, 1500 Idalia Rd. Building D, Bernalillo, NM 87004.
The Treasurer extends office hours: November 13, 2017 through December 15, 2017 Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 5:15 PM. The office hours will revert back to regular hours of operation December 18, 2017, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
“I am pleased that this outreach program has grown to be a huge success,” Treasurer Montoya said. “This service is one avenue in which my office continues to provide direct quality customer service. We thank our taxpayers for their contribution to our community.”